Are you aware of the risks you may have with your oral health when you are pregnant? If not, that’s OK, because we can help you! Being pregnant is an exciting time. However, it is essential to understand the process and the risk that could happen, which are linked to your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. William Schell, is happy to help you if you are expecting. Furthermore, our team at William W. Schell, DDS in Plano, Texas, wants to share with you the information you need to know about your oral health while pregnant.
Here is a list of need-to-know facts on pregnancy and oral health:
– While pregnant, due to morning sickness and being extremely tired, poor oral hygiene can become a serious problem, because it has been linked to other conditions such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and premature delivery making it more critical than ever to keep up with your oral hygiene routine.
– Pregnancy increases your risk of having gum disease.
– Watch what you eat while you are pregnant for both you and your baby and avoid sugars which can be damaging to your health and your oral health too.
– Always visit your dentist frequently when you are pregnant to make sure your oral health is in good shape.
– Keep up with your oral hygiene each day, which includes brushing twice a day and flossing daily.
– Be sure to tell your dentist if you are taking any medications or prenatal vitamins during the visit.
As you can see, keeping up with your oral health is good for you and your baby. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like more information on your oral health, please call us today at 972-618-0084 to make an appointment.