If you have a tooth that has been damaged or decayed, we invite you to consider receiving a dental crown. This tooth-shaped dental restoration covers the affected tooth in order to regain appearance, shape, size and strength. We offer insight into common FAQs of receiving a dental crown to help you determine if this dental restoration is right for you.
Why might I need a dental crown?
Dental crowns are highly versatile and can complete a number of functions, including assisting with the following dental services:
– Covering a cosmetically flawed tooth
– Finishing a dental implant
– Stopping a weak tooth from breaking
– Keeping a cracked tooth whole
– Strengthening a damaged tooth
– Supporting and protecting a large dental filling in a tooth
– Keeping a dental bridge anchored in place
How do I care for a dental crown?
A dental crown should be treated as a natural tooth by maintaining good oral hygiene. We encourage you to take time every day to brush your teeth, floss and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash to prevent dental issues around the crown.
How long can a dental crown last?
The typical lifespan of a dental crown is five to 15 years depending on its care.
Contact us at 972-618-0084 today if you have questions for our dentist, Dr. William Schell, about dental crowns in Plano, Texas.